Tribe: Crowdfunding / Run for Love II
Super charge TRIBE’s brand growth through a £1m funding round, before maximising national interest in Run for Love II, the world’s toughest charity duathlon aiming to raise £250,000 to combat human trafficking.
Founded in the kitchen of three lifelong friends in 2015, natural performance nutrition brand TRIBE was developed as a new type of sports nutrition with no refined sugars and chemicals, packed with nutrients and energy-boosting raw ingredients.
In May 2017, TRIBE took to Crowdcube to seek a £1m funding round to grow the brand. Two months later, TRIBE and its community took part in Run for Love II, a 2,000km duathlon across Eastern Europe, to raise charity funds to help combat human trafficking.
The Playbook placed both stories in a variety of national, business and consumer fitness titles, targeting both a nationwide audience and biz- and fitness-specific audiences tailored for each campaign, through:
• Raising the profile of TRIBE in business, industry and fitness media, through targeted story placement and interviews
• Distributing a steady stream of media material during a fundraising phase to incentivise traction to the Crowdcube funding page
• Creating blogs and additional collateral for internal and Crowdcube comms
• TRIBE’s £1m fundraising target was achieved with four days of funding, with the campaign closing eight days early having reached an over-funding total of £1.75m
• 39 pieces of media coverage generated across TRIBE’s CrowdCube and Run for Love campaigns
• Content featured on key business, national and consumer titles including Daily Mail, Evening Standard and Men’s Fitness, reaching an audience of 515m