PlayerTek FC Influencer Programme
Use social influencers and media coverage to raise awareness for PlayerTek, the new GPS tracker for football, by Catapult Sports.
With social influencers identified as a crucial channel for reaching our core audience of young football players, we created our own influencer network: PlayerTek FC.
We identified the right influencers, based on genuine interest in football and tech, and engaged them individually, inviting them to join the team.
We developed personal and authentic relationships with a range of influencers across the launch period. All of them used the PlayerTek device multiple times, showcasing its features and functionality through video, imagery and reviews on their own social channels.
Meanwhile, traditional media were also sent product for review and, along with the influencers, were invited to a PlayerTek FC event at Charlton Athletic FC. Everyone attending the event experienced a professional coaching session and played in an 11-a-side game, all while wearing their PlayerTek product. After the game, their performance data was analysed by Charlton’s head of sports science and Kevin McDaid, Head of PlayerTek Development, providing a rich seam of additional content.
• 130 pieces of social media coverage generated from PlayerTek FC team members
• 96 pieces of traditional and social media coverage as a direct result of PlayerTek’s training event
• Q4 2017 PlayerTek unit sales 200% higher than Q1-Q3 combined
• Instagram following organically increased from 424 to over 3,500 in three month period
• Content featured on key national, football-specific and influential vlogs, including Copa90, Daily Mirror and FourFourTwo, reaching an audience of 108m and resulting in up to a 45% increase in site traffic when coverage was published